>From: Lukas Molzberger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>(3. It should be possible to configure XFree over a dialog that is intergrated
>in Gnome and Kde.)

I think what he means here is resizing the screen *without* going to a
  virtual screensize.  One can resize the screen via keys or via a GUI
  (e.g. wmxres), but the problem is that it's a *virtual* screen then,
  and, instead of acting like a full screen, one scrolls around on the
  larger "virtual" screen.
What would be nice is a way to have X not make the new screen res virtual,
  but actual.  :)
BTW, what Xlib calls are involved to change screen resolution?  I couldn't
  find one in the manpages, so far as I can tell.

-Joseph
"We're moving toward a world where all the capabilities of the Internet are
 reprocessed through a single filter, with Microsoft's business plan behind
 it."  Mozilla's Mitchell Baker, http://news.com.com/2100-1023-941926.html