On Tue, 16 Jul 2002, David Dawes wrote:

>Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2002 10:06:53 -0400
>From: David Dawes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>Subject: Re: Re: Xpert digest, Vol 1 #2013 - 11 msgs
>
>On Mon, Jul 15, 2002 at 02:43:04PM +0200, Xavier Bestel wrote:
>>Le lun 15/07/2002 à 14:20, Mike A. Harris a écrit :
>>> what you are asking for is the RandR (Resize and Rotate)
>>> extention.  This extension is implemented already, and support
>>> for it is available in the kdrive X server included with XFree86.
>>> The core server simply has not had RandR functionality added yet.
>>> It isn't funded development, so it will be done whenever someone
>>> cares to do it and has the time.  I'm interested in working on
>>> it, but it hasn't been priority one for me yet.
>>
>>IIRC Mark said the API between the core server and the drivers doesn't
>>allow for RandR to be implemented.
>
>Most of the "Resize" part could probably be implemented within the current
>driver API, but as Mark said, a fully featured implementation is probably
>better targetted for XFree86 5.0.

Resize is what I'm interested in, and have discussed with Keith a
few months back.  The only thing preventing me from working on it
is a busy schedule...

The rotate and depth stuff doesn't interest me at least not
currently.  It will be nice to have when it happens though.

--
Mike A. Harris                  Shipping/mailing address:
OS Systems Engineer             190 Pittsburgh Ave., Sault Ste. Marie,