Adam Goode wrote:
One last thing I noticed:
Sometimes XFree86 prints this:
(II) RADEON(0): vgaHWGetIOBase: hwp->IOBase is 0x03d0, hwp->PIOOffset is 0x0000

and sometimes this:
(II) RADEON(0): vgaHWGetIOBase: hwp->IOBase is 0x03b0, hwp->PIOOffset is 0x0000

(For the Radeon, hwp->IOBase is sometimes 0x03d0 and sometimes 0x03b0.)

The SiS is always 0x03d0. Does this mean anything? At first I thought
the Radeon was at was 0x03b0 when it failed, but it turned out that it
can be 0x03b0 even when it works (and 0x03d0 when it fails).
0x3b0 is the IOBase for monochrome mode, 0x3d0 for color mode.

The fact that the ati driver chooses the monochrome base might have something to do with reading an incorrect MISC register (which is responsible for choosing either color or mono).

Perhaps I am mislead myself, but shouldn't this setup require RAC (which is not being used according to the log)?

Is the amount of video RAM detected by the SiS driver (4096K) correct?

Is there any particular reason for why you're using a mixture of modules compiled for 4.2.1 and 4.2.99?

Thomas

--
Thomas Winischhofer
Vienna/Austria