On 11/15/2016 06:47 PM, Wiebe van der Worp wrote:
> On 15-11-16 17:56, Kim Briggs wrote:
>> I am a little confused at the status of the file manager Thunar in
>> Xubuntu 16.04.  This release has a description of "Long Term Support",
>> but as far as I can tell, the file manager has been crashing when
>> renaming files for about a year now!?

I haven't had that problem, but I very rarely rename files, and when I
do so I'm usually using Emacs so I have dir-mode.

> For years I loved Dolphin after bad experiences. If you install it today
> you'll find out it is a disgrace under Xubuntu.

Dolphin was wonderful: split-screen, *and* it handled smb: properly.
Then someone broke all the icons, and it became unusable. I'd love to
know how to put the icons back wherever they were that worked. Thunar
works, but is a poor substitute.

///Peter