Of course it depends onthe developer/packager to an extent(whether or not they follow standards). Thereare the occasional packages that install under /opt yet also put stuff under /usr/lib, /usr/share, etc. Fortunately that doesn't happen too often. On our Solaris boxen, we have stuff in just about every location- wherever the packager wanted it to go. Usually the packaging tools keep track of it, but not always...

*Len Philpot*
lphilpo...@gmail.com <mailto:lphilpo...@gmail.com>
/Sent from Thunderbird on Xubuntu Linux/