My 2 bits so take with a grain of salt.

Have you confirmed there is no indication.  If not then maybe the following
can help...

REM /etc/default/grub.conf line:
GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet splash" to
#GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet splash"

which should disable the splash at start up and allow a clean text scroll
during boot with out all the button pushing.
Then you can reset the fsck interval to *1* for one of your drives with

tune2fs -c 1 /dev/[one of your drives]  (i.e. tune2fs -c 1 /dev/*sda*)

which will set the interval for every boot (just so we can check for the
indicator)
then reboot your system.  If the indicator you want appears with the
options you want then reset grub splash and rerun the tune2fs command with
an interval you want (30 is default).
This is assuming you have a comfortable understanding of command line and
config files, let us know if you need clarification.

If the indicator does not show, let us know and we can take it from there.

HIH,
--Fred