Hi all,

For those who may not have read it in the thread where I mentioned it, the
purpose of this thread is simple:

My humble way of giving a contribution to the community within my rookie
means, in a threefold manner...

1) The original subject of a thread usually gets lost in the twists and
turns that the replies take, often going astray into subjects that have
nothing to do with their original subject. When that deviation from the
original sibject happens, people are welcome to bring that deviation into
here. That way the threads can remain as useful references to their titled
subjects and with valuable info pertaining to that subject alone

2) To bring forth insights into pros and cons of one too many things linux
related and

3) To gather as many and varied views and opinions - preferably with
sensible explanations as to "why" - as possible, which can bring precious
insights into the needs and expectations that users have from their
particular linux distro (in this case xubuntu xfce); a graphical or musical
user will have different needs and expectations than a math teacher, an
average user, a programmer, a forensic analyst, etc...

This can in due course offer a substantial picture, map, of what is
lacking, what can be improved and how, etc...

I have asked Ralph to please be the Prosecutor beating the crap out of me,
who will be the horned bugger's advocate :) .... I hope he accepts, as he
has very good views and strong opinions well reasoned...

So... I'll open it with a subject that is pertinent enough to have some
buying me a coffee and others hanging me by my balls :)

Give me a few minutes to dawn a pair of kevlar undies and I'll kick start
the fuss :)