>> The Mozilla XUL "spec" is dead anyway. It hasn't
>> been updated for years.
>
> I think you are confusing "dead" with "stable". XML
> hasn't changed in
> "years" either, does that mean XML is dead?

  Ian, wake up. If you browse over the Mozilla XUL
"spec" you will see that it's just an incomplete draft
missing core chapters. Calling it stable is a joke.

  If you care so much about Mozilla XUL why don't
finish up what you started?

> XUL is not bound to Mozilla (others have implemented
> it) and is as open as
> any standard can be (input is welcome from anyone
> and there are no
> restrictions on its implementation).

  Ian, just reread all the nonsense you spread on this
 mailinglist to see that the Mozilla XUL leadership is
non-existant and that the Mozilla XUL "spec" is a dead
piece of paper that hardly qualifies for a foundation
for a next-gen browser.

> Note that XUL has editors who currently work for
> Apple, Opera, Mozilla
> Foundation, and others. Despite what you say above,
> XUL _is_ in active
> development, we are currently taking feedback into
> account and are
> more carefully defining the XUL box model.

  Can you put some evidence behind your claim? Where,
for example, can I find the Mozilla XUL mailinglist?
What changes have been made to the spec recently?

  Just because you work as a test bunny for Opera
doesn't mean that Opera is going to support Mozilla
XUL. Get real.

  Also note, that Apple chose Safari because Apple
sees XUL as a threat to its own APIs.

  You might wonna pick up some business books to read
up on the real world.

  - Gerald