Hello Bruce,

> I made sure that all the Swixml jar files
> were on my classpath.

  I suggest posting your SwiXml getting started
question to the SwiXml mailinglist. I know the SwiXml
mailinglist is hard to find since its labeled "Forum
-- List for Users of Carlsbad Cubes' Technologies and
Products".

  To see that I'm not joking here's the mailarchive
from May online @
http://pisces.lunarpages.com/pipermail/forum_carlsbadcubes.com/2004-May/date.html

  There's also an archive mirror over at Gmane. See
http://news.gmane.org/gmane.comp.embedded.carlsbad-cubes

   - Gerald