Hello,

  Ben Cantlon - a Xamlon dream team member - writes in
a blog story titled "XAML Today":

  When Longhorn is released, developers and
organizations will face a challenge: do we build for
Longhorn and sacrifice backward compatibility; do we
build for pre-Longhorn versions of Windows and
sacrifice the benefits of Avalon/XAML; or do we
develop two versions in parallel, with the
difficulties and costs that entails? This dilemma can
be expected to persist for years, as Longhorn slowly
approaches majority adoption.

  There is a better way. By beginning to use XAML now,
and by choosing a XAML engine that will evolve with
Microsoft's spec while remaining stable and
dependable, developers gain a host of benefits:

* XAML applications built today will port to Longhorn.
* Applications built in XAML today benefit immediately
from the portability, manageability and security
offered by Longhorn's two-tier programming model.
* XAML experience gained today will be in demand and
valuable as Longhorn adoption grows.
* Applications written for Longhorn after its release
will work with pre-Longhorn versions of Windows.

I believe that this is a tremendous opportunity for
forward-looking developers and organizations, and this
is a topic I'll return to many times. Meanwhile, let
me hear your thoughts. If you're a developer, how can
we help you get started writing applications with
XAML? If you're a development manager or CTO, what
tools do you need to speed the adoption of XAML within
your company? Finally, as a member of the XAML
community, what products, services and support would
you like to see on the market in the next year or two?

Source:
http://xamlblogs.com/ben/archive/2004/06/28/189.aspx

  Do you have any comments for Ben? Please, be gentle.

  - Gerald