Ah yes, that seems to make sense.

First thing, is it easy for users to write extentions?
I have very breifly looked at one or two for firefox
and it seems handy enough.

Secondly would I need Mozilla for this or could I use
xoetrope? I'm beginning to think Mozilla may be
better, seeing as firefox has been sucessful with it.

Thanks again
Wil

Quoting Laurent Jouanneau <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> Wil Hadden wrote:
> > Appologies if this message is duplicated.
> >
> > Thanks for the reply.
> >
> > My application is a standalone program , not a
> > browser. I presume then I could
> > not use greasemonkey?
> >
> > Also I want to let the user change a lot more than
the
> > look and feel, I want
> > them to be able to rewrite the functionality of
the
> > gui. For example using a
> > tree instead of a list.
>
> ok, i thought that you talked about a web app.
>
> Well, as he can do with firefox, the user can create
an extension that
> can change everything in the gui : look'n feel,
widgets, features,
> behaviors etc...
> It can be perform throw additional xul file, js
files etc, and throw the
http://xulplanet.com/tutorials/xultu/overlay.html and
> http://xulplanet.com/tutorials/xultu/crosspov.html
> An overlay is an xml file that contains new elements
which were added to
>   a gui, or modification of some existing element.
>
> The only thing that you should do, is to provide a
gui (a dialog box) to
> install easily the extensions, like Firefox provide.
I think you could
> find this dialog box in the toolkit of gecko, used
by your application.

> ---
> Laurent Jouanneau
> http://ljouanneau.com
> http://www.xulfr.org, technologies XUL/Mozilla
> http://openweb.eu.org, pour les standards du web

Conference & EXPO
> September 19-22, 2005 * San Francisco, CA *
Development Lifecycle Practices
> Agile & Plan-Driven Development * Managing Projects
& Teams * Testing & QA
http://www.sqe.com/bsce5sf