Question #199585 on Yade changed:

Chareyre posted a new comment:
The answer to "which Ig" to use is: "the one imposed by the contact law".
Different laws have rolling friction, some will use 3Dof, others will
use 6Dof.
Allthough I admit one easily gets lost in the many contact laws (I
removed some of them last week, btw), I don't see something missing in
the documentation on this precise question.
Feel free to suggest something to add if I overlooked.

Something missing, however, is a table summarizing the features of all
the laws.

Bruno

--
Bruno Chareyre