That's an interesting system - it takes into account the desires of each
person involved. It sounds especially good for people who feel like
their reputations are judged by the kind of fans they have, making it
worth taking the time to study and approve or deny each requested public
association. (So it might work for a social network of politicians or
something like that.)

We'd think carefully before adding any complexity to the del.icio.us
network system because its current simplicity works pretty well: it
makes people's bookmark-watching relationships explicit and leaves
everything else about their relationships implicit. That makes sense
because del.icio.us is focused on bookmarking. If we decide this isn't
working well enough, we'll try to make the simplest change that'll fix
the problem. :)

Britta
del.icio.us community manager intern

--- In ydn-delicious@yahoogroups.com, "Roberto Pereira" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>