Hello,

On 10.08.23 at 09:57, msenturk wrote:
I am convinced to not use an older version. As I said, I am currently using Gatesgarth. I am planning to migrate to Mickledore which is currently supported. How can I migrate? I looked system requirements for Mickledore and everything seems good. Could you tell it with details for a beginner. Thank you.

At least here's how I did it on a recent project. You just have to switch to the "mickledore" branches of the repositories you're using (such as poky and layer repositories), and then try to build your images with your own layers. There will be issues that you will have to fix by updating your configuration and your own layers (preferably in a new "mickledore" branch too).

Don't worry, error messages are pretty helpful and updating to Mickledore shouldn't be complicated.

Also see the migration notes (https://docs.yoctoproject.org/migration-guides/index.html) telling you what you will have to update when moving from one release to the next.

You may actually prefer to use our latest long term support release, Kirkstone, which will be supported until 2026.

I hope this helps,
Cheers
Michael.

--