You just need to switch all the layers to the needed branch and run
the build, and see what happens. It's impossible to predict that until
the build runs and fails in some way, but when it does fail, we can
offer guidance, or you can look it up in migration guides first
perhaps.

I'm not sure where kirkstone went in meta-xilinx, but you can just use
mickledore.

Alex