On Thu, 10 Aug 2023 at 10:28, Michael Opdenacker via
lists.yoctoproject.org
<michael.opdenacker=bootlin....@lists.yoctoproject.org> wrote:
> You may actually prefer to use our latest long term support release,
> Kirkstone, which will be supported until 2026.

For what it's worth, I would not recommend anyone to start with the
LTS. It's useful if you are shipping a product (or are close to it),
and need a stable base for the product lifecycle, but in the setting
up or active development it's better to stick with master or latest
release. If you discover that you need LTS, you're gonna get it
naturally that way when the next one comes, with the bonus that that
next LTS will be supported longer than the one available now.

Alex