On Thu, 28 Sept 2023 at 18:49, Richard Purdie
<richard.pur...@linuxfoundation.org> wrote:
> I've wondered if we should split bitbake -S printdiff into a separate
> utility? It exists from a time before we had bitbake command APIs.

It can also be a simple shell wrapper.

I've separated -S lockedsigs into it's own option as well, so it can
be explicitly requested (just need to fix up a couple of selftests
that relied on -S none to get locked-sigs.inc):
https://git.yoctoproject.org/poky-contrib/commit/?h=akanavin/sstate-for-all&id=41e8a8a79bac4e3b9eb74a99e32e0d26ac8af0c5

> I'm curious to see what you find with analysis of bitbake-whatchanged.
> I'm also somewhat surprised the scenarios you're testing all work!

It's not 100% perfect. One out of 2*3=6 scenarios isn't fully
functional (gcc-source:do_preconfigure signature isn't found from
sstate even though it exists there - but it is found if it's in
tmp/stamps/). I left a FIXME in the test.

Alex