On 06/26/2012 12:53 PM, Robert P. J. Day wrote:
On Tue, 26 Jun 2012, Tomas Frydrych wrote:

Kooen's cheeky point is worth keeping in mind though; the Yocto
naming semantics is not very helpful ;-) Specifically most of the
questions being asked on the Yocto list are about Poky, not Yocto,
followed by questions about meta-yocto, not Yocto-project. Many of
the questions being asked on the list are readily answered by
googling for 'Poky Manual', but clearly very few people understand
the Yocto project semantics enough to do this ...

   and if you want major industry players to take yocto seriously, the
last thing you want to do is answer their heartfelt pleas for
assistance with, "i'm sorry, that's technically not a yocto question,
you should try another mailing list."

   even if you're technically correct, that sort of conversation is not
going to end well.

The number one question I get asked about the Yocto Project (this is from an audience of people in the software radio area) is how the Yocto project relates to OpenEmbedded (and sometimes Angstrom).

Having a realy good answer to this on the FAQ would be awesome.

Philip

PS: Yes, I know this thread is a few days old. I'm on vacation, sue me :)