On 03/09/12 22:08, Bruce Ashfield wrote:
On Mon, Sep 3, 2012 at 4:55 PM, Tomas Frydrych
<tf+lists.yo...@r-finger.com> wrote:
snip...

That being said, taking a step back, what are you trying to get out of
meta-yocto in this scenario ? oe-core + meta-ti is probably what you
should be using.

Sorry to jump in here, but this is actually a very interesting point. From coming to OpenEmbedded through Yocto and subsequently learning about the ecosystem as a whole, I have always considered meta-yocto to be providing a sane distro configuration. This implies that I believe the oe-core default distro configuration, even though it will build, the result won't be very satisfying - or maybe a bit disjointed.

You seem to be saying above that the meta-yocto layer is only any good for providing the kernel framework, and as he is not using the framework (i.e. using meta-ti) then there is no point in using the meta-yocto layer? So does the Poky distro config only really slap a name on the oe-core default distro policy - or does it have some added value?

I'm not trying to rile anyone up here, just trying to put the jigsaw together as the picture looks different every time I revisit it!!

Regards,

--

  Jack Mitchell (j...@embed.me.uk)
  Embedded Systems Engineer