On 05/15/2015 02:21 AM, Ash Charles wrote:
On Wed, May 13, 2015 at 7:26 PM, ChenQi <qi.c...@windriver.com> wrote:
For the nativesdk part, we can use smart/rpm to manage packages. A long time
ago, I tried this out and succeeded.
However, for the target part, we cannot do the same thing as the rpm
database for the target part is not usable after installation. I once tried
to solve this problem but failed.
You can have a little try and if you have some good news, let me know.
Thanks for your response.

I've not been able to use smart to install packages even on the
nativesdk part---could you explain your steps?

I can recall that I used something like `PSEUDO_xxx=xxx PSEUDO_xxx=xxx smart(or rpm?) ... --data-dir=xxx <command>'. But I don't remember whether I tweaked something else. Sorry :(
That's really a long time ago and I didn't write a document at the time.

What are the barriers to using the RPM database for the target part?

The rpm database is not usable. You do a query to list files that a package installed and you will find all the paths are not correct.

We are now working a new kind of SDK in OE. We call it extensible SDK. By design, its components could be updated/installed/removed using sstate objects. The task is not completed yet, but we are working on it.

Regards,
Chen Qi

--Ash