On Thu, May 14, 2015 at 7:54 PM, ChenQi <qi.c...@windriver.com> wrote:
> The rpm database is not usable. You do a query to list files that a package
> installed and you will find all the paths are not correct.
Ah okay---that makes sense.  Thanks.

> We are now working a new kind of SDK in OE. We call it extensible SDK. By
> design, its components could be updated/installed/removed using sstate
> objects. The task is not completed yet, but we are working on it.

I'd seen the extensible SDK and was thinking it looked pretty cool so
I'll give this a whirl.  From what I've read, it doesn't yet support
updating.  Is there a roadmap for this (happy to help out if I'm
able)?  I'd also need to maintain an online sstate cache to make this
SDK useful to others correct?