Andy Piper wrote:
At 10:42 31/05/2006, Geir Magnusson Jr wrote:
Sorry - I wasn't attempting to drive anything, just noting a "customer requirement" from what might be a very important customer.

I was not meaning to dis harmony in any way, I just feel that we need to try and think things through from the perspective of end users of the geronimo platform.

I'd think broader than Geronimo. A high-quality Apache-licensed ORB is going to be useful for more than Geronimo, and making sure it's easily embeddable with a minimum of deps would be a good thing.

I'd decouple things via a 'proprietary' logging class (that looked like j.u.l or log4j, but not clogging because I hate clogging :) that would allow implementations to inject a NullLogger to swallow the output for environments where output isn't welcome/proper, or delegate to j.u.l, or log4j or clogging or....

However, that's already been proposed, and didn't get traction.

I'm not doing any work here - I'm just the peanut gallery :)

geir