Hi rick,

Comment inline...

-----Original Message-----
From: Rick McGuire [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, September 26, 2006 5:57 AM
To: yoko-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Difference between Java 1.4.2 vs. Java 1.5

Darren Middleman wrote:
> I'm not sure why the endorsed dirs property is not solving this but
yes,
> this is something that will only occur on JDK 1.5.
> The reason is because in Java 1.4, the JDK did not include an
> implementation
> of the IORInterceptor_3_0 class, so the
> version included with Yoko is the only one it would use.
> Unfortunately, Sun
> added an implementation of IORInterceptor_3_0
> to JDK 1.5 which differs from both the CORBA spec and the Yoko
> implementation (they use an integer parameter as an ID
> where as it should be a String).  So this is why you are seeing the
error
> now when you've moved to JDK 1.5.
Ok, that makes sense....except I originally saw this problem using JDK
1.4.2, so I'm a bit surprised that it works now.

> I would agree with Balaji and his recommendations.  See if trying to
use
> endorsed.dirs or Xbootclasspath outside of
> Maven clears things up.  I know that we have been using the
> Xbootclasspath
> options in the READMEs for the samples
> and I don't recall seeing this issue during the testing of the demos
when
> this option was used.
I'm not sure that really gets me what I need, since my problem here is
getting the Maven build to function properly.  I've been digging deeper
with this, and I had 2 problems that I've fixed 1)  java.endorsed.dirs
value was not getting set to the proper directory and 2) there was an
error in the dependency plugin definition so the spec jar file was not
getting copied to the endorsed directory.  These problems have been
fixed now, but I'm still seeing the failure.  The java.endorsed.dirs
property as reported in the surefire error report looks correct, and the

jar file is getting copied into that directory.  I've essentially copied

all of the settings from the yoko poms, but I still can't get this to
function properly.

Balaji> that is the reason I had asked if you can try it outside of the
maven. Maybe there is some bug w.r.t the maven surefire plugin. If we
can confirm that we can run it using jre 1.5 then we can progress
further...

Rick

> Darren
>

> On 9/25/06, Mosur Ravi, Balaji <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi rick,
>>
>> I can't explain why it is failing in 1.5 & not in 1.4.2 but in 1.5
the
>> java.endorsed.dirs setting is definitely not picked up.
>>
>> Can you run this outside of maven & confirm if it runs with 1.5 with
the
>> java.endorsed.dirs setting or the Xbootclasspath option...?
>>

>> - Balaji

message="org.omg.PortableInterceptor.IORInterceptor_3_0.adapter_manager_
>> state_changed(Ljava/lang/String;S)V">java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:

org.omg.PortableInterceptor.IORInterceptor_3_0.adapter_manager_state_cha
>> nged(Ljava/lang/String;S)V
>>     at

org.apache.yoko.orb.OB.PIManager.adapterManagerStateChange(PIManager.jav
>> a:531)
>>     at

org.apache.yoko.orb.OBPortableServer.POAManager_impl.activate(POAManager
>> _impl.java:212)
>>     at

org.apache.yoko.orb.CosNaming.tnaming.TransientNameService.initialize(Tr
>> ansientNameService.java:128)
>>     at

org.apache.yoko.orb.CosNaming.tnaming.TransientNameService.run(Transient
>> NameService.java:113)
>>     at

org.openejb.corba.yoko.ORBConfigAdapter.createNameService(ORBConfigAdapt
>> er.java:149)
>>     at org.openejb.corba.NameService.doStart(NameService.java:162)
>>     at
>> org.openejb.corba.yoko.NameServiceTest.setUp(NameServiceTest.java:58)
>>     at junit.framework.TestCase.runBare(TestCase.java:125)
>>     at junit.framework.TestResult$1.protect(TestResult.java:106)
>>     at junit.framework.TestResult.runProtected(TestResult.java:124)
>>     at junit.framework.TestResult.run(TestResult.java:109)
>>     at junit.framework.TestCase.run(TestCase.java:118)
>>     at junit.framework.TestSuite.runTest(TestSuite.java:208)
>>     at junit.framework.TestSuite.run(TestSuite.java:203)
>>     at

>> a:39)
>>     at

>> Impl.java:25)
>>     at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)
>>     at

org.apache.maven.surefire.junit.JUnitTestSet.execute(JUnitTestSet.java:2
>> 10)
>>     at

org.apache.maven.surefire.suite.AbstractDirectoryTestSuite.executeTestSe
>> t(AbstractDirectoryTestSuite.java:135)
>>     at

org.apache.maven.surefire.suite.AbstractDirectoryTestSuite.execute(Abstr
>> actDirectoryTestSuite.java:122)
>>     at org.apache.maven.surefire.Surefire.run(Surefire.java:129)
>>     at

>> a:39)
>>     at

>> Impl.java:25)
>>     at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)
>>     at

org.apache.maven.surefire.booter.SurefireBooter.runSuitesInProcess(Suref
>> ireBooter.java:225)
>>     at

org.apache.maven.surefire.booter.SurefireBooter.main(SurefireBooter.java