On Jan 1, 2007, at 10:59 AM, Lars Kühne wrote:

Alan D. Cabrera wrote:

On Dec 31, 2006, at 5:55 AM, Lars Kühne wrote:

Hi,

is there any kind of documentation available for the configuration parameters (the "yoko.orb.*" properties mentioned in the ORB_impl class) of the core orb?

If not, where would I start such a document? wiki, website, or core/src/xdocs?

The wiki is the best place to put such a document.

OK, I've started the OrbConfiguration page.

However, I think that ultimately such information depends on the ORB version, so it would be better to have it in svn, along with the code it documents.

As a user, I would expect that this info is be part of the product download, and it's not clear to me how to do this. The technical problems of creating a snapshot from Maven might be solvable, but how do we handle the IP issues when non-committers contribute to the wiki?

Anyway, I've started collecting the information in the wiki for now, as you suggested.

Storing documentation in a wiki is a standard ASF practice. The whole point of having the wiki is to let the community to contribute to the documentation. IIUC, committers are not necessarily the IP guardians. Committers are people who can competently integrate code and patches into the code base.

Geronimo does a great job at handling versions, http:// cwiki.apache.org/geronimo/.

Regards,
Alan