Mark Ryden wrote:
> Hi,
>> use the vendor driver.
> In fact it seems to me that it is impossible.
>
> I have 0ace:1211 as vendor id/product id.
> The zd1201.c seems *not* to support it.
> In the usb device id table, we have only
>
> {USB_DEVICE(0x0ace, 0x1201)}, /* ZyDAS ZD1201 Wireless USB Adapter */
>
> (see zd1201.c).
>
> When I try to plug in the USB zd1211 nic, the zd1211rw driver is the
> one that is loaded.
>
> (the zd1211rw driver has this vendor id/product id
> combination; see
>  { USB_DEVICE(0x0ace, 0x1211), .driver_info = DEVICE_ZD1211 },
> in zd_usb.c.
>
> So I cannot even use the vendor driver, and I am totally stuck.

You can tell udevd not to autoload kernel modules by putting
them in the blacklist file. It is /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist on my system
but maybe somewhere else under /etc/modprobe* . This is the standard
way of trying alternative kernel-module drivers - put all of them
in blacklist, and do modprobe explicitly to load each of them.

I have both the vendor driver and the rw driver for this,
and another alternative pairs of drivers for a different wireless chip
on another machine.