Mark Ryden wrote:
> Hello,
> I added:
> blacklist zd1211rw
> to /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist
> and , when there zd1201rw and zd1201 modules are not loaded,
> I tried plugging the zd1211 USB nic.
> None of the two drivers were insmoded.
>
> lsmod | grep zd
> gives nothing.
>
> I wonder: which kernel are you using ?
> "uname -r" gives "2.6.25-14.fc9.x86_64" on my machine.

Argh, the whole point of the blacklist file is that it
stops udevd from loading specific kernel modules for you.
So udevd doesn't do it for you and you have to modprobe
yourself, manually.

Hmm, and you did not mention that you are using x86_64 - that's a lot of
difference, since x86 32-bit is still mainstream, and you may be between
a rock and a hard place because I know the vendor driver
has some 64-bit portability issues. On the machine
where I use the vendor driver it is stock 2.6.25.1 on slackware, 32-bit.
On the other machine where I have dual drivers for another wireless
chip, it is 2.6.25.10-91.fc9.x86_64, I believe.