Morning Edgar, Not only that, but I see people doing zen (or getting done by zen) all the time who are obviously not zennists. Watch a mother and her child, or someone really into their work, or children. I used to do a lot of babysitting for friends of mine. Once when I was sitting with little Eddie my music teacher dropped by with some notes for me. It was winter and very cold out. I asked my teacher to stay for a hot cup of tea. Eddie asked for lemonade, and I asked him if he wanted ice. He said "Yes." My teacher said, "It's wintertime, cold outside, why do you want ice?" Eddie replied very matter-of-factly, "It's not wintertime in my cup." Perhaps it was one of those things where you had to be there, but it's one of the most zen things I've ever seen.
Zen is everywhere, all the time. You never know where and when it will turn up. Animals are eloquent zennists, without ever sitting zazen or reading books of quotes of old Chinese masters. Margie (roloro1557) --- In [email protected], Edgar Owen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: > > Margie and Anthony, > > Margie is correct. There are no such comparisons in Zen, no black > belt rankings. Zen is not something 'in' a person, or > that a person can 'have'. Zen is simply the way the entire universe > actually is. > It's just a matter of looking and seeing and dancing in tune > with the Uni-Verse. > > Edgar ------------------------------------ Current Book Discussion: any Zen book that you recently have read or are reading! Talk about it today!Yahoo! Groups Links <*> To visit your group on the web, go to: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Zen_Forum/ <*> Your email settings: Individual Email | Traditional <*> To change settings online go to: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Zen_Forum/join (Yahoo! ID required) <*> To change settings via email: mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] <*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: [EMAIL PROTECTED] <*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to: http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
