Hi Steve,

This is very interesting, and I appreciate you sharing this.  Truthfully, I
only learned a bit about  his work when I took a class years ago, "Sensation
and Perception".   You may have a much better understanding of his conclusions.
 I like how you  see buddhist thought reflected here.  As you may remember, I
am a fan of Rick Hanson, Ph.D.'s work.  His book Buddha's Brain" is a good
foundation  connecting neuroscience with buddhism.  His web site also has some
quality information to  access.

Given your interest here.. The current issue of the journal "Nature" has a
cover article on "Understanding Neural Nets", if that intrigues you. I know the
abstracts are free on-line--and maybe the articles.  If not, contact me
privately, and I'll give you my access info that you can use if you want.

Thanks again..k