Barb,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the Zen Forum (I think this is yor first 
post...?).

I had the same experience you had with first Christianity and then Buddhism and 
finally zen; and I have drawn the same conclusion you have.  I beleive all of 
these have the same core, are essentially trying to teach the same thing.  I 
beleive that core is hidden more and harder to get to in Christianity than 
Buddhism; and I beleive that finally in zen the core is manifest and presented 
without the superflous odornments of religion.

Zen is just zen.  Just THIS!  Just sit (zazen)...

...Bill!

--- In [email protected], Barb Jordan <butter_fly1944@...> wrote:
>
> Greetings, 
> A Finger Pointing at the Moon…Christianity or Zen.
> What I have experienced on my journey is that Christianity and Zen are but 
> fingers pointing to the truth. I came into Zen after following Christianity 
> most of my life. I found the Truth to be hidden deeply in Christianity and it 
> wasn’t until I came to Zen that I could understand it. I believe there are 
> prophets for the day and there is a religion for different cultures, but they 
> are all fingers pointing to the truth. We have to discover the Truth 
> ourselves.
>  This verse comes to my mind 
> For the creative imagination to be particularly active,
> the water must be fetched,
> and drunk fresh from the spring
> if it is to flow through us
> and quicken our hidden mythological talents.
>  
> Karl-Kerenyi
>  
> Peace,
> Barb
>




------------------------------------

Current Book Discussion: any Zen book that you recently have read or are 
reading! Talk about it today!Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Zen_Forum/

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Zen_Forum/join
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
    [email protected] 
    [email protected]

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [email protected]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Reply via email to