Hello Bill, Anthony, JMJM, and all

- Question...that 'gospel of mary'...that's about Mary Magdalene, yes?

- A god that demands absolute obedience, and a human (well, he was in human 
form) that demands faith...this really brings the question that's related to 
the trinity, and so, are Jesus and God one and the same?

- And that is so..for we in Zen don't have gods to bow to, and those fat 
statues that I and others I know of also possess are not gods, but factory-made 
products. It's doubtful that the old prince himself was obese/overweight. These 
'products' are bowed to and paid respect for they represent something greater 
than our dualistic, self-centred selves..for we are those very same factory 
goods, with those goods....

with Buddha's grace
Mel

--- On Thu, 21/7/11, Bill! <[email protected]> wrote:

Anthony,

Some Christians certainly do consider the Gospel of Thomas, and the many other 
'Gospels of ...' including the Gospel of Mary that were not selected to be 
included in the New Testament as heretical - but many Christians to do not. It 
really just depends on whether they feel a particular gospel 'speaks to them' 
and enhances their faith.

As I've said before in a response to you, I've don't remember any quote of 
Jesus commanding his followers to 'obey him without question'. I do recall him 
asking for 'faith without question', but that's not the same thing. In the Old 
Testament there are many references to God the Father demanding absolute 
obedience. Could it be you've attributed those to Jesus by association?

Anyway this is a zen forum and hopefully everyone here knows better than to 
give themselves over to a religion that demands 'obedience without question'.

...Bill!

Reply via email to