The few people I have seen die were taken care of so that there was little or 
no pain. If there is life after death then we will see what there is when we 
get there. If there is no life after death then there is no suffering, pain, or 
sorrow. I have been at times paralyzed by the thought of oblivion, but 
ultimately I decided it wasn't worth worrying about something I couldn't do 
anything about. 
Socrates according to Plato said, "Now comes the parting of the ways. I to die 
and you to live. Which is better God only knows."

Philip

--- In [email protected], "D P" <wookielifeday@...> wrote:
>
> Hi, 
> I am sorry hthat I haven't been on here more, but I do need some help right 
> now.
> 
> I just can't get over my fear of death. I know that in some ways it's not 
> really an issue in zen, but it still bothers me. I can't seem to get into the 
> idea of living the moment.
> 
> Does anybody have any advice, koans, or books/essays to read?
>




------------------------------------

Current Book Discussion: any Zen book that you recently have read or are 
reading! Talk about it today!Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Zen_Forum/

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Zen_Forum/join
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
    [email protected] 
    [email protected]

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [email protected]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Reply via email to