Anthony;
You have to read the whole post in order to understand that in that specific 
post: "Just this" was going with "holding there where you are and that 
unpleasant stuff emerging on the surface"
 
Real Bodhisattva's don't aim to become Bodhisattva's because they're already 
are!.  or how do you think he can put up with all of us plus at times "funny 
arrivals"  bothering him with our all thousand questions?.  And as for me, I 
don't aim any longer to be a Bodhisattva because as I already explained to you 
in previous post that is something that emerges by itself practice of holding 
there where we are with each of us difficulties.  I don't have the need to do a 
show and prove to anyone whether Mayka is a Bodhisattva or not.  What would be 
the point of that when I can tell you straight away?.  Sometimes I am and 
sometimes I'm not.  And so you are and everybody else in the list (I think)
 
Mayka


--- On Thu, 1/9/11, Anthony Wu <[email protected]> wrote:


From: Anthony Wu <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: [Zen] Mahayana
To: [email protected]
Date: Thursday, 1 September, 2011, 12:22


  








Mayka,
 
Of course, those evil people I mentioned are far from bodhisatvas. Moreover, I 
don't believe a bodhisatva can be attained by practicing 'just this'. Bill does 
not aim to become a bodhisatva anyway. Right, Bill?
 
Anthony

--- On Thu, 1/9/11, Maria Lopez <[email protected]> wrote:


From: Maria Lopez <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: [Zen] Mahayana
To: [email protected]
Date: Thursday, 1 September, 2011, 9:21 AM


  






Anthony:
I meant from the post addresed to you.  Thanks for the correction.  
 
I posted two links from different sources in order to read the variety 
description.  If you notice the link from India is influenced by the culture in 
India.  And the one from the Wiki sounds from a different Country Culture.  
This was just to point it out that descriptions given about Mahayana can vary.  
There are common  points such as the boddhisatva paths and sutras...
 
And as for the comment of boddhisatvas I'd like to say that real boddhisatvas 
don't do anything you mention.  I believe that we all are natural boddhisatvas 
as soon as we sit down and manage to hold there with all that stuff arising in 
one.  All that staying there, holding there with all that stuff   arising in 
one is the cradle of a boddhisatva.  Not the ideas of what a boddhisatva may be 
look like, behave, act, saying, doing...that descriptions are merely to 
illustrate something but not the real boddhisatva emerging in a very natural 
way in one by  the continuos practice of holding there. Staying moment to 
moment with: Just this!.  Easy to say and not as easy to keep into that 
discipline.
Mayka
 
 
--- On Wed, 31/8/11, Anthony Wu <[email protected]> wrote:


From: Anthony Wu <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: [Zen] Mahayana
To: [email protected]
Date: Wednesday, 31 August, 2011, 23:05


  






Mayka,
 
The link is not from 'one of my posts'. Nevertheless, it is a good article. I 
still have two points to make:
 
I doubt whether mahayana considers Buddha 'the first cause'.
 
the idea of bodhisatva is very attractive and well intentioned. Unfortunately 
in the real world, there are a few who describe it only in words, while they 
themselves behave to the contrary being a womanizer, profiteer, pedophile etc. 
The more people like that you see, the more disillusioned you are on the idea 
of Budhisatva. So those people really deserve hell at the lowest level.
 
Anthony

--- On Thu, 1/9/11, Maria Lopez <[email protected]> wrote:


From: Maria Lopez <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: [Zen] Mahayana
To: [email protected]
Date: Thursday, 1 September, 2011, 12:12 AM


  






...And here I paste what,  previous Indian website pasted on one of Anthony 
posts,  have to say about Mahayana.  
 
http://www.hinduwebsite.com/buddhism/mahayana.asp

--- On Wed, 31/8/11, Maria Lopez <[email protected]> wrote:


From: Maria Lopez <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: [Zen] Mahayana
To: [email protected]
Date: Wednesday, 31 August, 2011, 16:44


  






Sorry!, Forgot to paste the wiki link in previous mail!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mahayana


--- On Wed, 31/8/11, Maria Lopez <[email protected]> wrote:


From: Maria Lopez <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: [Zen] Mahayana
To: [email protected]
Date: Wednesday, 31 August, 2011, 16:42


  






Hi JMJM:
 
I've never been very clear about all those different splits and ramification es 
spread all over the place.  So I have done as ED and check into the wiki what 
has to say about Mahayana.  The teachings still go back are: The Heart of the 
Prajnaparamita Sutra which is to me the equivalent to:MU. Apart from this Sutra 
there are many teachings in Buddhism in general I'm not aware of them, Also I 
keep very close to me the Sutra of the breathing and the Sutra on the eight 
realizations of the great beings. Others such as the lotus Sutra doesn't 
awake much interest in me, others I left behind such as the one of the Four 
Noble Truths, Others I read them when I feel like it such as the Heart of the 
Buddha Teachings, 
 
Mayka
--- On Wed, 31/8/11, Jue Miao Jing Ming - 覺妙精明 <[email protected]> wrote:


From: Jue Miao Jing Ming - 覺妙精明 <[email protected]>
Subject: [Zen] Mahayana
To: [email protected]
Date: Wednesday, 31 August, 2011, 8:09


  

Dear Forum,

Do you consider "Zen/zen/your practice" a Mahayana practice?  If so, how does 
Mahayana actually practice?  What is its core teaching?

Thank you in advance,  jm
-- 
Learn the Basics of Chan Meditation...
http://www.chan-meditation.org
Chan in everyday life...
http://www.chanliving.org
To be enlightened in this life...
http://www.heartchan.org
To save our world...
http://www.universal-oneness.org







Reply via email to