Anthony,

I have filed my application to become a Bodhisattva-in-Training Second Class.  
Unfortunately the processing is being held up because someone's demon has filed 
a protest.  I'm sure this will all be sorted out soon and I'll be on my way to 
Bodhisattva-hood forthwith.

...Bill!

--- In [email protected], Anthony Wu <wuasg@...> wrote:
>
> Mayka,
>  
> Of course, those evil people I mentioned are far from bodhisatvas. Moreover, 
> I don't believe a bodhisatva can be attained by practicing 'just this'. Bill 
> does not aim to become a bodhisatva anyway. Right, Bill?
>  
> Anthony
> 
> --- On Thu, 1/9/11, Maria Lopez <flordeloto@...> wrote:
> 
> 
> From: Maria Lopez <flordeloto@...>
> Subject: Re: [Zen] Mahayana
> To: [email protected]
> Date: Thursday, 1 September, 2011, 9:21 AM
> 
> 
>   
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> Anthony:
> I meant from the post addresed to you.  Thanks for the correction.  
>  
> I posted two links from different sources in order to read the variety 
> description.  If you notice the link from India is influenced by the culture 
> in India.  And the one from the Wiki sounds from a different Country 
> Culture.  This was just to point it out that descriptions given about 
> Mahayana can vary.  There are common  points such as the boddhisatva paths 
> and sutras...
>  
> And as for the comment of boddhisatvas I'd like to say that real boddhisatvas 
> don't do anything you mention.  I believe that we all are natural 
> boddhisatvas as soon as we sit down and manage to hold there with all that 
> stuff arising in one.  All that staying there, holding there with all that 
> stuff   arising in one is the cradle of a boddhisatva.  Not the ideas of 
> what a boddhisatva may be look like, behave, act, saying, doing...that 
> descriptions are merely to illustrate something but not the real boddhisatva 
> emerging in a very natural way in one by  the continuos practice of holding 
> there. Staying moment to moment with: Just this!.  Easy to say and not as 
> easy to keep into that discipline.
> Mayka
>  
>  
> --- On Wed, 31/8/11, Anthony Wu <wuasg@...> wrote:
> 
> 
> From: Anthony Wu <wuasg@...>
> Subject: Re: [Zen] Mahayana
> To: [email protected]
> Date: Wednesday, 31 August, 2011, 23:05
> 
> 
>   
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> Mayka,
>  
> The link is not from 'one of my posts'. Nevertheless, it is a good article. I 
> still have two points to make:
>  
> I doubt whether mahayana considers Buddha 'the first cause'.
>  
> the idea of bodhisatva is very attractive and well intentioned. Unfortunately 
> in the real world, there are a few who describe it only in words, while they 
> themselves behave to the contrary being a womanizer, profiteer, pedophile 
> etc. The more people like that you see, the more disillusioned you are on the 
> idea of Budhisatva. So those people really deserve hell at the lowest level.
>  
> Anthony
> 
> --- On Thu, 1/9/11, Maria Lopez <flordeloto@...> wrote:
> 
> 
> From: Maria Lopez <flordeloto@...>
> Subject: Re: [Zen] Mahayana
> To: [email protected]
> Date: Thursday, 1 September, 2011, 12:12 AM
> 
> 
>   
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> ...And here I paste what,  previous Indian website pasted on one of Anthony 
> posts,  have to say about Mahayana.  
>  
> http://www.hinduwebsite.com/buddhism/mahayana.asp
> 
> --- On Wed, 31/8/11, Maria Lopez <flordeloto@...> wrote:
> 
> 
> From: Maria Lopez <flordeloto@...>
> Subject: Re: [Zen] Mahayana
> To: [email protected]
> Date: Wednesday, 31 August, 2011, 16:44
> 
> 
>   
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> Sorry!, Forgot to paste the wiki link in previous mail!
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mahayana
> 
> 
> --- On Wed, 31/8/11, Maria Lopez <flordeloto@...> wrote:
> 
> 
> From: Maria Lopez <flordeloto@...>
> Subject: Re: [Zen] Mahayana
> To: [email protected]
> Date: Wednesday, 31 August, 2011, 16:42
> 
> 
>   
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> Hi JMJM:
>  
> I've never been very clear about all those different splits and ramification 
> es spread all over the place.  So I have done as ED and check into the wiki 
> what has to say about Mahayana.  The teachings still go back are: The Heart 
> of the Prajnaparamita Sutra which is to me the equivalent to:MU. Apart from 
> this Sutra there are many teachings in Buddhism in general I'm not aware of 
> them, Also I keep very close to me the Sutra of the breathing and the 
> Sutra on the eight realizations of the great beings. Others such as the 
> lotus Sutra doesn't awake much interest in me, others I left behind such as 
> the one of the Four Noble Truths, Others I read them when I feel like it such 
> as the Heart of the Buddha Teachings, 
>  
> Mayka
> --- On Wed, 31/8/11, Jue Miao Jing Ming - 覺妙精明 <chan.jmjm@...> wrote:
> 
> 
> From: Jue Miao Jing Ming - 覺妙精明 <chan.jmjm@...>
> Subject: [Zen] Mahayana
> To: [email protected]
> Date: Wednesday, 31 August, 2011, 8:09
> 
> 
>   
> 
> Dear Forum,
> 
> Do you consider "Zen/zen/your practice" a Mahayana practice?  If so, how 
> does Mahayana actually practice?  What is its core teaching?
> 
> Thank you in advance,  jm
> -- 
> Learn the Basics of Chan Meditation...
> http://www.chan-meditation.org
> Chan in everyday life...
> http://www.chanliving.org
> To be enlightened in this life...
> http://www.heartchan.org
> To save our world...
> http://www.universal-oneness.org
>




------------------------------------

Current Book Discussion: any Zen book that you recently have read or are 
reading! Talk about it today!Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Zen_Forum/

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Zen_Forum/join
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
    [email protected] 
    [email protected]

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [email protected]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Reply via email to