Merle,

Thanks, I think that's right, and I love the spirit.

But I once went to the 'Cello teacher Gordon Epperson to see about being his
student, when I was 48.  He was about 70.  I asked him if 48 is too late to
start on the instrument.  He said, "Not at all", and said that he has taught to
students aged 15 to 90.

I was impressed, and asked him, "Oh, yes?, even a 90 year-old?"

And Gordon said, "Yes; but for HIM it was too late!"  ;-)

Poor Gordon himself passed away soon after his 85th birthday here in Tucson in
2006 (photo and obituary is at link below):

http://tucsoncitizen.com/morgue/2006/05/11/12161-obituary-cellist-gordon-epperson-was-rare-educator/

I also love the book by the amateur cellist, the late John Holt, NEVER TOO LATE
-- MY MUSICAL LIFE STORY (1978):

http://www.amazon.com/Never-Too-Late-Musical-Story/dp/0201567636/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1345403717&sr=1-1&keywords=never+too+late%2C+holt

(great cover photo!).

w/ Cheers,

--Joe

PS  The comedian says: "Where there's a will, there's a won't."