Hiya, Merle,

Nonetheless, practice formally if you are able.

If you are not able, then find some way to do it.  ;-)

It's as important as that.  Life is a little bit short, nowadays.

If you report-back that it is all B.S., then we'll understand that it is so,
for you... once you have given it your ALL, with a good teacher, and sangha.

But I think you'll have a more positive experience, and report.

In fact, I worry that you may develop attachments, especially in the realm, or
area, of the Optical-sense.  But when I see the paintings that afterwards
result, coming from your studio, THAT will assuage my concerns, probably, and
bath me in balm, I am sure.  And this is what I look forward to.

Yet, it's not selfishness, on my part.

And, I am not attached to the possibility.  But I have hopes that EVERYONE who
wishes to practice under the best conditions may have their wish, and will
awaken.  Not just because I have done it, and have had the wonder and miracle
of this chance a number of times, as many of us have, in company with so many
others throughout History, and among our intimate acquaintances: but, because
so many others have *not*.

I know what I'm wishing you, and others, I mean.

Otherwise... may the veiled-life suffice!  One can't disparage where we are.
One can only either realize, or not realize.  Realize means realizing where we
are already, but being the most clear about it.  That's not a movement to
somewhere else, but it is a very, very big step, as momentous as the late Neil
Armstrong's.  Will you trust me, about this, in this?

I was 17 when he and Buzz landed, and walked, and Mike Collins orbited,
station-keeping for them.  Life was different after that.  I could write
volumes about how.

Maybe I'm a relic.  Maybe, someday, to be appreciated.  ;-)

--Joe