This matter of whether there is or isn't isn't someone to suffer is all smoke and mirrors. Suffering appears. This is clear enough. What is this notion of "liberation from" but self relating to self? What appears, appears. What of it?

Clarity, selfless. No self that need to see into itself. No such conceptual contortions required.

Don't settle for nothing. Don't attach to anything. This takes no effort.

KG

On 9/2/2012 5:35 PM, mike brown wrote:
Kris,

There is no one who suffers, but only after the realisation that there isn't even a mind for suffering to happen to is there liberation from it. "Clarity" here reads as insight.

Mike

*From:* Kristopher Grey <k...@kgrey.com>
*To:* Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com
*Sent:* Sunday, 2 September 2012, 20:23
*Subject:* Re: [Zen] Re: " dancing with the daffodils"

Then you still know too much. ;)

If it so clear as that, there is nothing to see. The 'obscuration' all that may show the way. What you are seeing as separate only appears to be. All a matter of how you see it. So who is leading who? Who suffers? In seeking perfection, it forever eludes.

The clear minded are equally empty headed. Don't throw the Buddha out with the bathwater.

KG

PS - Expresses simpler/more obviously wordlessly - see: 'Wabi Sabi' - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wabi-sabi

On 9/2/2012 12:32 PM, mike brown wrote:
Kris,

>I might point out that apparent obscuration is no less reality than apparent clarity

Reality is certainly there regardless, but reality seen with obscuration leads to suffering, whereas reality seen with clarity will lead to the cessation of suffering. That's all I need to know and that is my witness.

Mike