Yes, hearing immediately before you place it into a context where 'you' are 'hearing' a 'sound'. A simple recognition of re-cognition, being conscious of conscious thought being afterthought.

Mind is always playing catch-up. Don't get caught up in it (believing the after-story is 'true') or in thinking you need to stop it or make it do otherwise as such effort is just another play of the same game (and so creates a problem where there is none).

This is nothing other than ordinary functioning, which is quite extraordinary as is it. There is no need to realize this, no purpose, thus remains elusive whenever actively sought.

KG