This is one of the pitfalls, I mean teaching opportunities of sitting zazen
- you become more practised as you sit more.  I'm much more likely to sit
down on the zafu in such a way as to maximize my comfort for the period now
than I was years ago (even along the lines of being more aware of my
chances to pee without disrupting the sangha or my sitting period
schedule).  I actually didn't mean practise as "some spooky mystical thing"
but "repeatedly doing the same physical task over and over again." One
becomes more practised at the physical goals of zazen (at least I am), and
one tries to attach some notion of "progress in life" to this change in
circumstances (well, certainly the thoughts have arisen for me).  I have no
comment on "samadhi/jhanas."

I think meditators experience everything as happening effortlessly from
time to time, keeping the posture is no exception.  (I also think
meditators experience everything as being sluggish and difficult from time
to time, keeping the posture is no exception.)

Thanks,

--Chris
ch...@austin-lane.net
+1-301-270-6524