Suresh,

I understand that there exists the Yoga of Sounds, which is Laya Yoga.  And I
think the sounds are the Nadas, or simply Nada.  Is this very much developed
and popular in India?  Or do most people practice a little of using the sounds
as a basis of practice?  Or not at all?

I also wonder if much of the practice of the majority of people is truly Yoga
practice of some kind, and not more strictly devotional or ritual religion.
Now, the average may vary over the very large country, but I wonder what are
your impressions.

In America, I would say that the majority of people practice a ritual or
devotional religion, mostly through institutions like churches and temples, and
very few people have a practice that is anything like a Yoga.  I think, too,
that churches discourage such practice, because, once people are responsible
for their own awakening, they have little need for the institution and the
hierarchy of its ministers.

Thanks for the discussion of the internal sounds!

--Joe