Suresh,

I will; I will practice more.  It's a good encouragement.

But attachment to aphorisms is not my way, nor is it the way of most others who 
contribute and read in a Zen forum, such as we have, if they also practice.  I 
thought you might be one of these.

With practice, even your attachment to aphorisms will pass.

Aphorisms are still somebody else's wisdom -- or intellect -- and are not 
freedom for ourselves.

I wish you the best in whatever practice or practices you choose, I really do.  
Even though I need a lot of practice, and can't be sure that this wish is the 
best for you.

--Joe

> SURESH JAGADEESAN <varamtha@...> wrote:
>
> Dear Joe,
> 
> You are not a zen practitioner truly that is what I understand from
> your message. So much of fear was expressed in your mail. Why this
> fear about a person. Why you are so quick to form a Judgment and
> reject, this is nothing of zen practitioner.
> 
> I am not afraid of any body and not afraid of any philosophy. When I
> was in 20s, I used to read OSHO books, people scared to read OSHO
> books those days in India.
> 
> The person who introduced OSHO books to me also covered the OSHO book
> as if it is a school book. I first removed that cover and said, "I
> will read any book and why should I fear of anybody. If they pass some
> judgment about me then that is not my problem, it is their problem"
> 
> Zen is like knife pierce everything and comes out in shining. Don't
> judge the person who told something, but see what is that he had gave.
> 
> Your fear shows you need lot of practice.
> 
> Practice more,
> 
> Best wishes
> Suresh




------------------------------------

Current Book Discussion: any Zen book that you recently have read or are 
reading! Talk about it today!Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Zen_Forum/

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Zen_Forum/join
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
    [email protected] 
    [email protected]

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [email protected]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Reply via email to