Merle,
Merle confidently scrawled:
"that's tell'en you joe!"
And how the hell would YOU know?
;-)
As I say, we must take these punch-ups, no matter what quarter they come from.
We should prostrate to these Bodhisattvas/people!
"That very abuse conveys the Buddha's boundless loving kindness".
I sent a punch-up back, in my way.
Aitken Roshi writes:
"A simple disciple can see all people in this same light of sympathy and
affection including jerks and assholes. This is not to say the world will be
transformed into a place of total goodness and light. You will still be
played, insulted, disrespected and abused. The Dharma Gate comes forth like a
hot knife pressed against your cheek."
And, the same Old Man adds, in commentary on Case 37 of The Book of Serenity:
"even the Buddha Dharma itself is untrustworthy, and there is nothing whatever
to rely upon."
I say -- for illustration -- "Correct"! Which is as bad as saying, "Wrong"!
That/this is Zen, Merle.
Thanks for your criticism. I'll keep it on the shelf next to the laxatives
wishes,
yr Joe / sacred cat
> Merle Lester <merlewiitpom@...> wrote:
>
> that's tell'en you joe!
>
> merle
>
> Dear Joe,
>
> You are not a zen practitioner truly that is what I understand from
> your message.
[snip]
------------------------------------
Current Book Discussion: any Zen book that you recently have read or are
reading! Talk about it today!Yahoo! Groups Links
<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Zen_Forum/
<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional
<*> To change settings online go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Zen_Forum/join
(Yahoo! ID required)
<*> To change settings via email:
[email protected]
[email protected]
<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
[email protected]
<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/