Dear Suresh,

Yogacara is also referred to as the "Consciousness-Only" School, and sometimes
as "Mind-Only".

It is based on the "Eight Consciousnesses".

Yogacara is still "alive", but it has been absorbed into other Schools, either
entirely, or just in bits and pieces.  Zen Buddhism has absorbed some.

But Zen Buddhism really does not rely on any "fixed Dharma".

Yet, if Zen Buddhism has *any* philosophy, it seems to be both Yogacara, and
Madhyamika, importantly.  Yogacara looks at Mind from the point of view of
Delusion.  Madhyamika looks at Mind from the point of view of "Enlightenment",
and Emptiness.

To me it seems wonderful and "wholesome" that Zen Buddhism embraces,
encompasses, and yet transcends BOTH these views, ...which are philosophies
that individually seem SO different viewed just on their own.

With best regards,

--Joe