Chris,

Well, if you mention Zen, or set about to analogize it, it is only from the
point of view of Zen Mind, or No Mind, that one has any inkling of what is
meant by Zen.

Otherwise, if one mentions Zen, anything goes, to the extent it goes anywhere
accurately.

I think the appreciations of Math are fine, as far as they go, as appreciations
of Math; I question the connection with Zen, unless the connection is truly in
some "connection" with Zen Mind / No Mind.

What we read about and practice as Zen, is not Zen Mind.  It is the necessary
Zen study, and Zen practice.  That's the small difference I mean to bring out.
I don't dispute however that Soto Zen Buddhists claim that Zazen is already the
expression of our true nature, nor do I dispute the content of that claim.  But
only an awakened adept practitioner (e.g., Dogen) makes this claim and
identification honestly, and accurately.

Meanwhile, and afterwards, there's Practice!

For me too.

Plenty enough math, also.

best,

--Joe