Thanks,
--Chris
301-270-6524

On Jul 5, 2013 6:22 PM, "Bill!" <billsm...@hhs1963.org> wrote:

> Chris,
>
> Yes, I believe the human intellect is the origin of your judgement of
what's beautiful and what's not.

> You're example below is a good one to illustrate this:
>
> >I have heard some music without really paying attention, and tuen one
time have really listened to it, and been deeply moved.

> IMO what has happened is this:
>
> "I have heard some music without really paying attention,..."  This is an
example of you just experiencing.  Later after you THINK back on this you
perceive this as having been music.

Everything is just experiencing, but in this case I was just experiencing
my thoughts about work or the next meal.

> "...and tuen one time have really listened to it, and been deeply moved."
 This is where you intellect has kicked in and formed a complex perception
based on your experience.  This perception includes delusions of 'hearing'
and 'music'.

I agree my brain was more respondinf to the sound this time. But WTF, rhe
first times my brain probably formed some concepts of sonic background and
wondering about the difference between a world where recorded music is the
norm and one where live music is the norm.  Intent listening quiets my
conceptual apparatus.

> It is this PERCEPTION that was created by your intellect that 'deeply
moved' you, not the experience itself.  That's evident because before you
formed the perception you were experiencing without calling it 'hearing' or
'music' or 'beautiful'.

I wasn't calling it beautiful during the listening. I was listening,
intently.  And I don’t believe you if you think a fully enlightened Buddha
would never be moved by what happens.  Again, you see introspective sensual
experiencing, which causes tears say, to be distinct from 'external'
sensual experiencing, which causes motion.