We are an open source shop. We use many open source products with clients as
we build out their systems. Some of the products we develop ourselves as we
want to contribute to communities not just be free-riders. We use whatever is
appropriate for the client. We try to optimize the entire system for low
latency, or throughput etc. not just the individual pieces which might be at
the expense of other elements.

We were asked to do very quick "positioning" of the technologies with a
financial market data sweetspot.Hence the message size which is pretty much
standard.

We did not withhold the findings. We published them, along with the code, so
that others can build on them. The more information that is out there, the
better the choices that will be made.

regards Malcolm Spence
Director of Business Development
OCI St. Louis MO USA