On Fri, Jul 9, 2010 at 8:24 PM, Peter Alexander <vel.ac...@gmail.com> wrote:

> In 0mq's case, generated docs are only needed for internal
> documentation for contributers. But, for the sake of limiting
> complexity, I'd like to keep all documentation under one "umbrella"
> with an large emphasis on appropriate cross-referencing and indexing.

This won't happen.  The man pages are in git and produced with the
source.  The wiki site is ideal for collaborative editing and we will
not stop using it for that.  Generated documentation can work for
APIs.  Other people will write blogs, tutorials, etc. and place them
where they want to.

The umbrella is the www.zeromq.org site, and I'm not interested in
creating websites on github, that is not its purpose.  The git is for
source and tracking the source and issues on it.  If you want to
generate docs and upload them you can put them on any medium you like,
as Mato has done at api.zeromq.org, which is not Wikidot based.
Generated docs may work, or may not.

Hope this clarifies my view.  You're of course free to create parallel
documentation projects of all types but it becomes delicate to ask
other people to abandon systems they have already invested in.

-Pieter