Dear Riskybiz,

I posted several days ago, by recommendation of Pieter, a post about
building your first C++ examples with ZeroMQ in windows (and Ubuntu/Mac),
with the C++ ZMQCPP binding and using the biicode platform. In this way,
even my students at university are able to build the examples in a few
minutes without problems.
Check it here http://blog.biicode.com/zeromq-cpp-biicode/

If you want serialization, we all agree that you should use an already
existing framework/library, instead of developing your own. So the real
problem is not about ZMQ at all, but instead, setup, learning and getting
started with the serialization framework at the same time as ZMQ. A
reference solution could be google protocol buffers. Please read also:
http://docs.biicode.com/c++/examples/zmq_protobuf.html

Sorry of the self-promotion, but I didnt got any feedback then in the list,
and I think that these problems you are describing are really related to
the issues we are trying to target in biicode for C/C++ languages.

Love to hear your feedback.

Diego

Diego Rodriguez-Losada
CTO Biicode Innovation SL