On Fri, Sep 26, 2014 at 7:50 PM, Goswin von Brederlow <goswin-...@web.de> wrote:

> How much of the time was spend on merging zhash support into zring?

Ah, sure. That was a short job and can certainly be kicked out again later.

Sorry, my bad.

> I think what doesn't quite work right is this:

That 'discuss' part was added at some stage to please people who
wanted more review of patches.

Me, I don't like long discussions on code and I very dislike blocking
code reviews, as they push towards a slower process with larger
changes (in fact the larger the patch the easier it passes a code
review, often).

> I'm not sure how one is supposed to go from a first draft to solve a
> problem to a release ready solution under the C4 process

You make dozens or hundreds of cycles starting with blank paper and
each time adding part of the API. You start with a minimal piece of
code and you add to it little by little.

The solution is *always* release ready. That's the whole point. Even
if you solve 1 problem cleanly, it's release ready.

Look at how zbeacon evolved as an example. It's quite clear.

Now compare to e.g. ztree (a class we shipped and then I killed), and
you'll see the difference.

-Pieter