-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] On Behalf Of David Remsen
Sent: October 11, 2001 5:05 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: (GOMINFOEX) MIDI limitations

My question specifically was to find out what MIDI is doing via IIS that
outputs something that Macs and Netscape simply cant read.   In all the
databases Ive put on the web it has never been a problem and since most
of them are right smack in the same field of Western Atlantic organisms
Im curious.

Design considerations are one thing.   I had a javascript
incompatibility just this summer but newer Netscape solved it.   What
sorts of web features does IE support that Netscape nor Mac support?
Where are other such sites?

How you handle things on the server is a different matter altogether and
whether it's VB or C or Perl or PHP it should all be pretty much the
same when you send it out over HTTP.

-------
David Remsen/Information Systems Division
Marine Biological Laboratory
Woods Hole, MA 02543
508 289 7632
-------