Eric Schrock wrote:

> > Yes.  You'd group them all under a single filesystem in the hierarchy,
> > allowing you to manage NFS share options, compression, and more from a
> > single control point.

This isn't so bad. I'm going to assume that mounting 10K partitions at
boot doesn't take forever.  :)

> > Using traditional tools or ZFS send/receive?

Traditional (amanda). I'm not seeing a way to dump zfs file systems to
tape without resorting to 'zfs send' being piped through gtar or
something. Even then, the only thing I could restore was an entire file
system. (We frequently restore single files for users...)

Perhaps, since zfs isn't limited to one snapshot per FS like fssnap is,
I should be redesigning everything. It sounds like I should look at
using many snapshots, and dumping to tape (each file system, somehow)
less frequently.

Waiting for S10_U2 now  :)

> > Hope that helps,
> >
> > - Eric